Lawn & Landscape Drainage
Having too much water on your lawn or landscaping at your home in the Washington, PA area can cause just as many problems as having too little. Even a small amount of rainfall can cause pooling in grass or landscape beds. Some other common problems include:
- Grade changes: Slight grading variations on your property as well as the properties of your nearest neighbors can cause excess water build-up.
- Downspouts: A common issue in landscaped areas is downspouts that have nowhere to drain. When water from rainfall or your irrigation system doesn’t get directed anywhere, it leads to dying plants within the landscape. Plants don’t do well with too much moisture at their feet.
- Moisture in the foundation: If your landscaped areas or lawn has any type of slope or was graded improperly in the past, the water will flow towards the foundation. This could eventually cause you to have water in your basement.
How Dolan’s Outdoor Services Can Solve Your Lawn Drainage Problems
When clients contact us about water build-up on their lawn or landscaped areas, we immediately evaluate what is causing the problem. While we don’t install entire gutter systems, we can offer you the following types of rain conductors to solve your water pooling problem:
- Catch basins and channel drains
- Downspout piping
- Dry river beds
- Dry wells
- French drains
- Pop-up emitters
- Slotted and perforated drains
Once the water is inside of a rain conductor, it moves to someplace more productive like the Washington city sewer or a part of your landscape where the water won’t harm anything.
Make Sure Your Lawn and Landscape Gets the Right Amount of Water
Your outdoor plants obviously need some water for nourishment, but knowing how much is too much can be tricky. It’s a good thing you can depend on the landscape and lawn care professionals at our company to direct the unnecessary water somewhere else.